Monday, September 10, 2012

LGS challenge #28 reveal

 
Good morning, all! It's Monday which means it's reveal day at Let's Get Sketchy. The challenge this week is to create a layout using this fun sketch: 
 
 
And this is my take on the sketch this week:
 
 
I had been wanting to scrap this photo for quite awhile, but just didn't get around to it. When I seen the sketch I knew it was time to dig the photo out. Before layering my papers I distressed them with my Ingvild Bolme distress tool to grunge them up a bit.  Then I inked the edges with Tim Holtz "brushed corduroy". And I have a couple close-ups to share...
 
 
I sprayed the Prima "Printery" resist shape rooster with "red velvet" Tattered Angels, then used "star dust" Stickles to highlight the swirls. On the Dusty Attic "chickenwire" I used Tim Holtz distress ink in "walnut stain" to darken the color and help it stand out a little better.
 
 
Thanks for dropping in today! I hope you enjoyed! If you enjoy sketch challenges or are just looking for some inspiration stop by LGS. The Design Team has put together some amazing inspiration this week; head over and take a peek=)

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning. I just keep looking at all the details. I just love the warm rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and stunning LO. I love all of the details on your such beautiful creation.

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty LO! Love all the distressing, texture and dimension =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous - especially love the burlap (my new favourite obsession lately!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the distressing and all of your beautiful elements! So glad to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete