Monday, November 12, 2012

Now *LSG sketch reveal*

Good morning, fellow scrappers! Today is Monday and that means it's reveal day at Let's Get Sketchy. It's a really fun, versatile sketch designed by Tabitha Triplett. Here's the sketch...

And this is the layout that I've done based off the sketch...

I used Prima's Songbird collection for my layout because I really liked the soft tones. I distressed and inked my layers with Tim Holtz brushed corduroy. My scissors really got a workout cutting all my tags and birds. All the flowers are from my stash. I believe the peach toned ones are Prima and the beige Azalea is Petaloo. The small white ones are handmade. The leaves were cut with Spellbinder's "Foliage" dies. I really like the dimension you get when you fold them just a little.
 The title was orignally raw chipboard from Maya Road. I dressed it up with Golden Brown metallic acrylic paint.

For the punched border I cut my paper to size allowing for the punch to take off about a 1/2 on each side, depending on which punch I choose. Then using my craft knife I cut the paper to whichever width I want, then tuck lace underneath for a pretty little border.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me share my layout with you. Please head over to LGS and check out the other Design Team members' amazing work. I hope you will play along with us this week. Have a wonderful day!  

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, your take on this sketch is simply gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo and what a sweet layout!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete