Sunday, February 10, 2013

Go with your heart

Happy Sunday! Today I'm sharing a page that I did a few weeks ago for the "Layer it up" challenge in the Flying Unicorn forum. I forgot that I didn't post it here as well. The challenge was to do a layout with at least six layers, the last layer on the photo.
I used a mix of papers from Prima, Memory Box, and HOTP. I masked the background with gesso, then added a little ultra fine glitter while it was still tacky. I pleated the ribbon on my background with a hot glue gun. I don't know about you, but I'd have a hard time scrapping without my glue gun. It's one of my favorite tools. On the vintage rose paper by HOTP I used the "Cherish" border punch by Martha Stewart. The punch used on the Memory Box paper is "Deco fan" by MS as well. I lightly inked my layers with Tim Holtz "Chipped Sapphire" distress ink.
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by and letting me share with you! I appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the techniques and layers Michelle! This is just gorgeous! The colors, the elements.. spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Multi-layered, many details and so beautiful! The antennae of the butterfly clasp hook - a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete