Thursday, August 29, 2013

Butterfly

Good morning! Today I'm sharing my inspirational page that I've done for the sketch #67 reveal at Keeping the Best.
I've had this photo I'd taken of the butterflies that visit my yard for a few weeks waiting for the right sketch. The plant is actually just a weed that grows along our fence line, but the butterflies love it so I let it grow. 
For this page I used some older Basic Grey "Lemonade" collection. For the background I fussy cut the paper to a softer shape. It kind of reminds me of butterfly wings. I inked all the edges with black ink for definition and contrast. Then I did some masking with heavy gesso and a CW mask, some random stamping with a Full of words" stamp by 3rd Eye, a little inking, and a bit of  dry brushing with gesso. Then I affixed my banner strips and did some more masking and handstitching. The washi tape is by Queen and Co. The chickenwire chipboard is by Gina's Designs, I simply heat embossed it white then inked the edges black. The title chippie is by A2Z scraplets, and I painted it with magenta and black acrylic paints then inked the edges black. The other butterflies are Recollections wooden pieces that I paint with the black acrylic paint as well. I thought they matched he title chippie pretty well. The doilies, pins, and flowers are all from my stash.
 And here's the awesome new sketch to inspire you...
You have two weeks to create something beautiful and link up with us here. I hope you get the chance to join us. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day! 

1 comment: