Thursday, October 15, 2015

My Creative Scrapbook reveal #2

Hey there everyone! Today I'd love to share the second half of the projects I created for My Creative Scrapbook using the gorgeous October Limited Edition kit.
 This kit features Autumn Anthology papers from Blue Fern Studios and beautiful Prima flowers. For this age I gave the background a thin coat of clear gesso. After it dried I added a bit of texture and interest by stamping, using a stencil and modeling paste, and then I added plenty of little splatters.For the chipboard piece I simply gave it a pretty thick coat of gesso, and while it was still wet sprinkled some seed beads onto it. I adhered my layers together and mounted them on cardboard. After all the embellishments were in place I added some TA English Ivy spray here and there, then cover the photo and gave the page a bit more splatters.

And for the last page I created using this kit I made a video that you can view here:

Thanks so much for coming by and letting me share with you! Hope you have a creative day!

3 comments:

  1. It's great! This delicate vintage layouts! I love all the details! Thank you for the video!
    I miss your layout as you have not had a blog ...)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so Gorgeous! Thank you so much for making videos, you are so talented and creative. I like to watch videos and try to catch on to the new techniques. I have a question for you, Michelle , why do you first cover your background page with gesso??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loreen! Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I put a thin layer of gesso on the background sometimes to simply tone down the background, but mainly I use it to prime my background when I'm planning to add a liquid medium such as spray or watercolors so that the liquid medium keeps it's color better and doesn't soak into the paper too quickly. It allows me to direct the liquid medium better and if some happens to go where I don't want it I can simply wipe it off with a wet wipe easily.

      Delete